Close
  • Recruiting

The 1st VFW is happy to announce recruitment is open!

To join the 1st VFW you must meet the following criteria:

• 18 years or older
    • Speak fluent English
    • Not a full member of another group that uses DCS (not talking about public groups - only private ones like us)
    • Know how to ramp start, takeoff, and land and fire the weapons
    • You own the Viper or the Hornet and have the Persian Gulf map

How does training work?
    Currently IQT training in the Viper or FRS training in the Hornet are not required for new members. Training is however available on demand if a new member wants it.

What aircraft can I fly?
    We officially support the F/A-18C and F-16C, however, our members do fly other aircraft. If you join, you should own at least one of those two aircraft.

What do you offer?
    We offer multiple high performance dedicated servers (multiple servers, not just running multiple instances of DCS on the same server). Specs: i7 7700K, 64Gb DDR4, 10Gbps port. We also offer dynamic and persistent missions running 24/7, experienced players to fly with and learn from/train with, and a wing that has been around since 2008.

Anything else I need to know?
    We do ask that you log at least 2 flights per month to remain active in the wing. Exceptions are made for real life circumstances that prevent you from flying. But the 1st VFW core mission is flying and hosting fun missions so flying should be the reason you are here.

Apply to 1st VFW