Close

Thread: Hi guys

Hi guys

Good evening. I'm one of the accepted guys.

I saw Shadows recuitment topic on the ED-Forums and jumped on the chance to get in contact with him. After some questions I decided to apply.

A bit about myself. I'm a 30 year old guy from Switzerland. Working in the electronic industry as a deputy quality manager and ride my Kawasaki Z650 Motorcycle when I get the chance.
    Next to my full time job, I attend classes three evenings a week (Mo, We, Thu). Sadly this will limit my ability to drop in on the sorties on Wednesday. Will try to make as many Friday Nights as possible.

Been flying DCS since the A-10C Beta back in 2012, but never joined up with a squadron. Never went DCS full time.
    So while I can do most basic things (Startup, Takeoff, Landing, Weapon Usage), I never really learned the more complex procedures and skills.. (AAR, BFM, Mission Planning). Currently my focus is on the Hornet or Tomcat.
    Still trying to decide if I should stick with TrackIR or the Rift... Planning on building a Simpit when Im done moving in May. Will be interesting.

My only real piloting experience were 2h flying lessions in a Cessna 172 couple years ago. Sadly a PPL is pretty expensive in Switzerland. So I might have to do this a bit later...

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I'm looking forward to get to know all of you.

Have a good day.

Gruman

Blog Entries
    Hi Gruman. Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using 1st Virtual Fighter Wing mobile app

Nooch
    Welcome aboard Gruman! What part of Switzerland are you from? Are you on the German, Italian or French speaking side?

Welcome!

AMD FX 8370 8 Core Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 16GB Corsair Vengence RAM @2133 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake TR2 600W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog stick, throttle and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Quote Originally Posted by Nooch View Post
    Welcome aboard Gruman! What part of Switzerland are you from? Are you on the German, Italian or French speaking side?
    I'm from the German part. Sorry

Many thanks for the welcome. Witnessed great flying yesterday, when I had the chance to hop into the RIO Seat of Tec.

Have a great day.

Hi Gruman und Herzlich Wilkommen!

Servus Gruman

Welcome Gruman!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk