Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1st VFW Server Mission 24/7

Many of you know that I have been working on a mission to keep on the server to serve as a place to enjoy pickup flights in a structured, semi-stable environment. The purpose for this mission is to allow for pick up flights at any point as well as to be a sandbox for missions when a structured WSF isn't set up. I am pleased to announce that mission is available on the server. In order to accommodate the pick up flight structure, there are many waypoints, targets etc available. In addition, there are some randomized missions available for tasking via the F-10 Menu. You should always check the F-10 Menu to see the current mission assignment.

Missions can be flown striking other targets in the theater and there is a list in the kneeboard of many ideal targets and their corresponding waypoint. I have included them as waypoints in the Hornet to save time from having to enter in each coordinate manually for a flight plan. Please not that these are not 100% accurate for JDAM and should be verified with the LPOD if using JDAMS. Flight plans can be entered in via the sequence button in the HSI Data page. See the video for more details.

3.02 Changelog
    - Added Strafe Pit West of targets at range
    - Aligned range targets N/S - E/W
    - Aligned Strafe truck column east of targets N/S
    - Added Shell 2-1 as a tanker south of range. 56X 256mhz
    - Fixed MiG-21/23 drone targets west of range so they should engage when approaching zone near LIWA airbase Approx 40 mi W of range.
    - Removed Dodge 1 from Carrier

3.11 Changelog

Added 12 F-16CM-50 in 6 2 ship flights at Al Minhad.
    Added static LGB codes for Vipers. Codes are based off of your position in each flight in the format 15XX- X being the flight and seat number. Ex. Colt 2-1 = 1521 or Colt 6-2 = 1562.
    Changed Shell tankers to KC-135. Shell 2 is on 256 mhz and 56X. Texaco remains the same.
    Moved Range to new location that is easier to identify. It is an island, West of Al Dhafra and Abu Dhabi. Main Targets have scoring. 2 groups of strafe pits columns, and ADS targets. Range Control Frequency is 261 or Preset 11.

3.14 Changelog
    Added Aim Off point at range for main targets.
    Added Ships around range for guides on 30* dive distances.
    Updated kneeboards and waypoint coordinates.
    Added 4 Vipers for training out of Al Dhafra for quicker flights to range.
    Shortened Shell 2 refueling track.
    Changed start time of day.
    Changed Weather.

3.16 Changelog

Intial testing with DATIS plugin. ATIS available at Al Minhad, Al Dhafra, and Range (Currently Liwa weather).

You must have the Civil Aircraft Mod v.80 and the wing's standard install for this mission as found here:

WING INSTALL
    Civil Aircraft Mod LINK

Again this is still very much a work in progress as I learn how to create multiplayer missions and do scripting. Looking forward to getting some stick time in with everyone.

Blog Entries
    Cool!

Nice!

AMD FX 8370 8 Core Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 16GB Corsair Vengence RAM @2133 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake TR2 600W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog stick, throttle and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Nice! I'll give it a try later tonight.

Great work Turtle! That is really awesome!

Thanks Turtle! Awesome work.

Great stuff Turtle!

Thank you!!! This rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using 1st VFW

Wow! Outstanding work. Thank you Turtle!

Great job Turtle!
    Looks really interesting with the well designed group of missions you have created!
    Thanks for your time and effort!
    I hope we can see some activity in the future for the utilization of your masterpiece!

If anybody plans to fly missions on the server, I'm nowadays available!
    Either Discord or the forum here works for me.

Updated Mission to 3.11. See first post for changelog. Note: Be sure to update your 476th range objects mod to the latest 16Jun19 version. The previous version was not compatible with some updates from DCS open Beta and this latest version from June 16, 2019 fixes the errors. The link can be found in the NOTAMS.

Updated to 3.14. See 1st post for changelog.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    Updated to 3.14. See 1st post for changelog.
    For those that haven't been to the range yet, it's fantastic. Love how it scores your bombing runs and strafing runs.

Have not flown it yet. Gotta get on it!

AMD FX 8370 8 Core Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 16GB Corsair Vengence RAM @2133 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake TR2 600W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog stick, throttle and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Moved thread for visibility on the updates.

I might just jump on it tomorrow depending on when I get off work

We did a range flight last night and the ships Turtle placed for visual aids are great. Also, you can fly out of Al Dhafra if you just want to get in and out as it's only 60 miles from the range.

Blog Entries
    Heads up...just logged into the server and it's paused. I didn't break it!

Quote Originally Posted by Blouse View Post
    I didn't break it!

Fixed, I forgot to un-pause it server side when I brought it back up after doing some tweaking.

Blog Entries
    Turtle,
    Is it possible to add another flight of Vipers and a flight of Hornets to Al Dhafra AB? It's really convenient for the short transit to the training range on Jananah Island.

Thx.

v/r
    B