Close
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DCS Updates

"Hey everyone,

Thank you again for the Open Beta reports. These help greatly and we’ve already made many fixes for the next update. Some of these include:

1- Corrected roll based on crosswind.

2- Ghost SA contacts fixed.

3- Adjusted Link-16 frequency to not conflict with TACAN and IFF.

4- Unknown contacts no long longer have HUD diamond, denoting hostile.

5- SA TDC now has highest rendering order.

6- SA TDC and data values are now the correct, yellow color.

7- Contacts that are ownship and donor hostile identified now have caret HAFU on HUD.

8- NCTR can also now print targets from 30-degree rear aspect using JEM.

There are of course other items being addresses, but this is just in the past day.

• ⁠Wags"

Would be great if they pushed out the first item on that list as a hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisgas View Post
    Would be great if they pushed out the first item on that list as a hotfix.
    Just turn the wind off at all altitudes as a workaround and it works perfectly. That’s what I did. Not very realistic, but it works.
    AMD FX 8370 8 Core Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 16GB Vengence RAM || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake TR2 600W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Win 7 Home 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog stick, throttle and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Quote Originally Posted by Fisgas View Post
    Happy Tomcat day for those who bought it!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...0&postcount=48
    They fixed the wind roll on the hornet too.

Updating to 2.5.4.28461 for the Tomcat threw out the boat anchor on my machine. Very long load times...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...d+times&page=3

DCS 2.5.4.28841 Open Beta update

DCS F/A-18C Hornet
    Corrected heading values on radar page.
    F/A-18C missions: added HARM instant action mission, added more threats, added Hornet Nevada mission, updated sound trigger, updated SAMs, added waypoints, Added Hornet low alt recce mission for Normandy map, added new Hornet instant action caucasus mission, added voice-overs. Added French, Korean and Russian localization. Updated for datalink. The big part of Instant Action missions relocated to the Single missions.
    SA page with large number of threats will not causes significant FPS hit.
    Add TDC track.
    Hostile identification on SA fixed (WIP).
    INS alignment procedure fixed (WIP).
    Fixed flight model not reacting to damage values.

DCS F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations
    Prevent “Iceman” from using throttle on the ground.
    Prevent NTDS datalink and CAINS on Kuznetsov carrier.
    Reduce engine thrust at extreme altitudes.
    Change sidewinder HUD movable reticle to show only center of scan pattern.
    New sidewinder lock tone based on SME feedback.
    Add Jester option to explicitly select some weapon station combinations.
    Added tape player volume controls.
    Significantly reduced F-14 RAM usage.
    Significantly reduced Disk IO & CPU usage at mission start.
    Reduced loading times.

Fixed JESTER being silent at mission start.
    Rename input category HCU to Hand Control Unit for consistency.
    Add keybinds for speedbrake toggle, hook toggle, parking brake, emergency jettison, anti-skid spoiler brake.
    Intel 6600K @ 4.5GHz, AIO-Cooler, ASUS HERO VIII, MSI GTX 1080 TI, 32GB DDR4
    21:9 Ultrawidescreen, 3440x1440 , TIR, Thrustmaster Warthog, VPC T-50 Base, Thrustmaster TPR

LTWS but no JDAMs tomorrow. Plus Hornet updates go to monthly. On one hand good they trying to reduce the bugs. On other hand with one update a month the Hornet won't be finished for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Wags
    Hey everyone,

After talking with the team today, I’m afraid that we’ll have to push the JDAM back a bit for several reasons:
    Still some issues to resolve in the flight dynamics and auto-pilot when the bomb is released near or at maximum range.
    We need more time to test.
    We need to ensure that this new code will not break any 3rd party aircraft.

We will though still have an Open Beta tomorrow that will include LTWS and other elements.
    While we are all disappointed that we can release the JDAM tomorrow, there is just too high a chance of it causing significant DCS-wide problems. If all looks good, we plan to release the JDAM in an Open Bea on 10 April 2019.

In a related matter, we will be moving Hornet updates to a monthly event, rather than generally every two weeks. We simply need more time for proper testing to avoid bugs, break other products, and avoid the need for hot fixes. While waiting is always hard to do, this will ultimately provide a more stable and solid product.

Thanks

Isn't this supposed to be a flagship product? Once a month feels like "back burner" to me.

I think the F-16 is going to become that.

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    Isn't this supposed to be a flagship product? Once a month feels like "back burner" to me.
    I feel the same. I read on hoggit they spending most of their resources on their Modern Air Combat product but who knows.

2.5.4.29004 Open Beta update

DCS F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations

- Implemented ability to hide the stick grip.
    Hallelujah.

Hornet has bug in this update where a locked target doesn’t show up in JHMCS.

I was kinda disappointed about the move from every other week to once-a-month as well. Felt like the old days of eFalcon with a new update coming out often.

After flying the Hornet yesterday I felt the this TDB bug is so annoying that I’d suggest to roll back to the previous version for FNF if there is no hotfix for that until then. The problem is not only TDB missing from HMD but false TDB-s at false locations on the HUD, offset angle for the target is faulty as well. Sometimes Radar is stuck when using LTWS and you have to change weapons to get back to RWS.... All in all it is a pain in the .ss....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post
    Hornet has bug in this update where a locked target doesn’t show up in JHMCS.
    It shows...but it shows in a wrong position...

DCS Updates

I hope that one will be implemented soon...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...postcount=2333

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by _TB_; 04-05-2019 at 04:14 AM.

"Soon™" aka two "weeks" aka next year
    I'm not in a hurry. Just sold my CV1 and now I'm waiting for the next gen coming in a couple of months.

But those Pimax Backers will be happy. Running 9900k and 2080 TI's and still barelly able to get 45 FPS on any settings .
    Intel 6600K @ 4.5GHz, AIO-Cooler, ASUS HERO VIII, MSI GTX 1080 TI, 32GB DDR4
    21:9 Ultrawidescreen, 3440x1440 , TIR, Thrustmaster Warthog, VPC T-50 Base, Thrustmaster TPR