Close
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: DCS Updates

This is simply speculation, take it for what it's worth, but someone pointed out something that I find interesting in a comment on one of the F-16 videos. The discount for modules runs right up to the date of launch. Well on Steam the discount ends on the 25th Of September, which is a Wednesday...

Nineline said that's a placeholder date. Don't know how true that is tho

AMD FX 8370 8 Core Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 16GB Corsair Vengence RAM @2133 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake TR2 600W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog stick, throttle and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Blog Entries
    Hey everyone, a little Viper update is in order as we approach early Autumn 2019.

First, we still plan to release the Viper into early access sometime in early Autumn 2019. We don’t have a specific day because several items are in flux, and any one of them could change any announced date. While we posted 25 September on Steam (a day is required to list a product on Steam), that is only a best estimate and not in stone. Once we have a firm date, we will announce it. This is not something we are purposely withholding.

The big areas we are working on to get the Viper before we release it:
    Finalizing CCIP and CCRP bombing modes.
    Tuning the flight model and braking system. Much of this involves drag values.
    RWS and ACM air-to-air radar modes.
    Air-to-air gun, AIM-9, and AIM-120.
    CMDS.
    HMCS.
    Cold start procedures.
    Tuning the NVIS cockpit lighting.
    External model, in particularly the landing gear and aircraft underside. Even at early access release, the skin will still be preliminary.
    We are also working hard on the Litening targeting pod with LGBs, but we can’t promise this will be ready in time for the early access release, but it’s something already well underway.

Thanks,
    Wags
    Latest Viper video has the clock working! Although I don't know what time 25:00:30 is.

That's 25th release at 00:00 :P
    Modules currently flying: AV-8B, A-10C, F-14B, F-16CM, F/A-18C, KA-50.
    System: Z390 - i7 9700k - GTX 1080ti - 32gb ram - 1tb SSD - 1tb HDD - TM Hotas Warthog - Logi pro rudders - Trackir

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Szycho View Post
    That's 25th release at 00:00 :P
    I love it!

Blog Entries
    It's a bummer, but I'm ok with that as long as we're close.

Blog Entries
    Saw this...Do I see a mission card option coming?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=216

Yeah they mentioned the data card for the Hornet a while back, but it doesn't seem like it's high on their priority list.

This was a Hornet Mini Update in February.
    Hey everyone,

As mentioned in earlier posts, we are at work on a detailed Aircraft Settings capability through the Options, F/A-18C, Special Tab. This consists of two primary elements: Aircraft Systems and Mission Card. Both will allow you to pre-configure the Hornet before flight in both single and multiplayer. As such, you would be able to setup your own aircraft defaults.

Aircraft Systems include all functions that are NOT specific to mission (.miz) file or Mission Computer settings. This includes such items as lights, bingo fuel, various cockpit switches, altimeter, etc. In this way, you can have your aircraft setup just that way YOU want it.

The Mission Card allows you to set up software options for all missions that includes such items as radar settings, countermeasures, AG weapon programs, and navigation settings.

The third element of mission configuration MUST apply directly to the specific mission file or there will conflict between Aircraft Settings and the mission file… these are the waypoint settings. As always, a mission is created with a set of waypoints and properties when the mission is created by the mission designer. For the Hornet though, we are greatly adapting this to account for a much more realistic Hornet waypoint system that accounts for up to 60 waypoints in the database, of which waypoints can be assigned properties of sequence 1, sequence 2, sequence 3, initial point, A/A waypoint, Pre-Planned (PP), or Pre-Briefed (PB). In the Mission Planner, the player would be able to then adjust these if desired on a per-mission basis. We are also looking to making the Mission Planner available in multiplayer.

This will also include a new waypoint user interface that we’ll share a bit later once it is more solid.

This is all deep in development and very much subject to change. We have no release time frame in mind yet… it will be released to an Open Beta once we feel it’s ready.
    There are WIP Pictures in the Link... But its rather boring. Another DCS Menu without much streamlining.

25th came and went with just crickets 🦗about the Viper. I think a video on the development thus far would have been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    25th came and went with just crickets 🦗about the Viper. I think a video on the development thus far would have been nice.
    It didn’t really come with crickets. They announced and posted in multiple places that the next open beta update will have the viper, but that it wouldn’t be this week.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...postcount=2933

Sent from my iPhone using 1st VFW

New post from Wags:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...57#post4048457

Hey everyone,

Things are moving at a very rapid pace, and here is where our focus is for the upcoming release:

1- We have Range While Search (RWS) and Single Target Track (STT) working, but work continues the SAM sub-mode and we are cleaning up symbology and functions. We are working on Track While Scan (TWS) mode in parallel with the Hornet, so this will come shortly after release.

2- AA Gun, AIM-9, and AIM-120 are up and running, but several items to still tune and add. Mostly the Dynamic Launch Zones (DLZ) and a few more minor items.

3- The Litening targeting pod is in and working, even for LGB self-designation. There are several items to still fix and add. Related, the DED laser page for the pod is now working. Please note that the LGB bomb laser code cannot be set in the aircraft.

4- Instrument Landing System (ILS) is in, but we still need to set up the needles. It’s close and I’ll create a video for it soon.

5- Tomorrow we should have the underside of the aircraft done with completed textures. With that, Cato will create the launch trailer.

6- The cockpit is more fleshed out with the Helmet Mounted Cueing System (HMCS) sensor post, some improved seat textures, a better effect for the LCD displays, and we removed the safety pin from the manual chute handle.

7- The Early Access Guide is shaping up well and will be available at release. Bunyap has done a great job with it.

8- Several interactive training missions will be available at release.

9- Air Combat Maneuvering (ACM) radar modes are in, but we just need to update the HUD.

10- Dogfight switch is underway now and associated after and forward (MRM) functions.

12- We plan to have an initial IFF system but have not settled on the exact mechanization.

13- Helmet Mounted Cueing System (HMCS) is working in NAV mode.

14- Cockpit night lighting has been further improved with gauge lighting. We want to tune the flood lights a bit more though.

15- The centerline fuel tank will be ready this week.

16- Initial Countermeasurs Dispenser System (CMDS) and Radar Warning Receiver (RWR) is functional. Four programs for chaff and flares and the RWR will be set up for the ALR-56M.

17- Cold start is working now, but we are adjusting some of the electrical panel sub-systems so the act correctly during cold start. Some of the instrument values are a bit off too, and we are working to adjust them.

18- Flight path marker (FPM) drift cut off was added.

Next week we will announce the release date. Once released though (soon), the 20% discount will end, and it will probably be over a year until we put the Viper in a sale.

Thanks for your support!

- Wags

System: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...44

Nice, if they release it with a functioning TGP it will be outstanding!

They posted these on Facebook:

Last edited by Fisgas; 09-26-2019 at 07:29 PM.

I'd prefer they don't release stuff like the TGP or IFF or AIM-120s etc if they aren't complete. We're getting AIM-120s but no dynamic launch zones. We're getting a TGP but I doubt we'll have HUD symbology like the hornet, and they releasing LGBs without a way for a us to change the laser codes. Working HSD but no data cartidge, JHMCS but only in NAV mode, etc... etc...

I'd rather have a Viper with none of those things than one with those things if they are only kind of implemented. It seems like the Hornet side they add some new feature half baked, such as the TGP, and then they move onto Harpoons half done or HARMs half done, etc... I don't get that approach. I'm cool with EA and understand the purpose behind it but individual features being released this way is frustrating.

HOWEVER, we getting a Viper in DCS and I am a happy camper regardless

Setup: i9 9900KS 5.0Ghz | 64Gb 3600Mhz DDR4 | EVGA 2080Ti Kingpin | 8 TB SSDs | 1000W PSU | W10 Pro | Rift S | TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Pedals | TM MFDs
    DCS Settings: Everything set to High (water, textures, view distance, shadows) | Resolution: 4K | Cockpit: 512 | MSAA x4 | SSAA: Off | PD 1.6 | AF: 16X | Terrain Shadows: Flat | Trees 100% | Grass: Min | Lense Flare: Flare

Release date announcement next week. Shouldn’t be long now.

AMD FX 8370 8 Core Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 16GB Corsair Vengence RAM @2133 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake TR2 600W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog stick, throttle and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Someone beat me to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    New post from Wags:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...57#post4048457

Hey everyone,

Things are moving at a very rapid pace, and here is where our focus is for the upcoming release:

1- We have Range While Search (RWS) and Single Target Track (STT) working, but work continues the SAM sub-mode and we are cleaning up symbology and functions. We are working on Track While Scan (TWS) mode in parallel with the Hornet, so this will come shortly after release.

2- AA Gun, AIM-9, and AIM-120 are up and running, but several items to still tune and add. Mostly the Dynamic Launch Zones (DLZ) and a few more minor items.

3- The Litening targeting pod is in and working, even for LGB self-designation. There are several items to still fix and add. Related, the DED laser page for the pod is now working. Please note that the LGB bomb laser code cannot be set in the aircraft.

4- Instrument Landing System (ILS) is in, but we still need to set up the needles. It’s close and I’ll create a video for it soon.

5- Tomorrow we should have the underside of the aircraft done with completed textures. With that, Cato will create the launch trailer.

6- The cockpit is more fleshed out with the Helmet Mounted Cueing System (HMCS) sensor post, some improved seat textures, a better effect for the LCD displays, and we removed the safety pin from the manual chute handle.

7- The Early Access Guide is shaping up well and will be available at release. Bunyap has done a great job with it.

8- Several interactive training missions will be available at release.

9- Air Combat Maneuvering (ACM) radar modes are in, but we just need to update the HUD.

10- Dogfight switch is underway now and associated after and forward (MRM) functions.

12- We plan to have an initial IFF system but have not settled on the exact mechanization.

13- Helmet Mounted Cueing System (HMCS) is working in NAV mode.

14- Cockpit night lighting has been further improved with gauge lighting. We want to tune the flood lights a bit more though.

15- The centerline fuel tank will be ready this week.

16- Initial Countermeasurs Dispenser System (CMDS) and Radar Warning Receiver (RWR) is functional. Four programs for chaff and flares and the RWR will be set up for the ALR-56M.

17- Cold start is working now, but we are adjusting some of the electrical panel sub-systems so the act correctly during cold start. Some of the instrument values are a bit off too, and we are working to adjust them.

18- Flight path marker (FPM) drift cut off was added.

Next week we will announce the release date. Once released though (soon), the 20% discount will end, and it will probably be over a year until we put the Viper in a sale.

Thanks for your support!

- Wags

System: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...44
    Last edited by Nitro; 09-27-2019 at 12:58 AM.
    Windows 10 Pro x64 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 8700K @ 5.0GHz (Cooled by H150i Pro), 32GB DDR4 @3200, Asus Maximus X, TM Warthog with F-18 stick, TPR Rudder, Oculus Rift S