Close
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Blog Entries
    DCS: F-16C Viper and F/A-18C Hornet Update

With early Autumn 2019 rapidly approaching on 23 September, we are nearing our Viper early access launch goals. While it will probably not launch on the first day of Autumn, it will be sometime early in the season. As you’ve probably seen in recent videos, work has been progressing at a very fast pace, and we are sure it will be a great product at early access release. While work started in October of last year, the cockpit systems, flight model, and other systems did not start until early this year. We’ve never had such rapid development of a module before, and the tools and knowhow of developing the Hornet helped tremendously.

Please note that the 20% discount will end once the product is launched, and it will not likely be on sale for at least a year after launch (as seen with the Hornet). So, if you wish to have some Viper savings, we suggest considering the pre-purchase while it lasts.

In order to hit our Viper release window, we have very recently had to temporarily move a couple of the systems programmers from the Hornet onto the Viper for a short period. Once the Viper is released, they will be back to work on the Hornet with a strong push on TWS radar mode, air-to-surface radar, further targeting pod features, and more. Much of this work is directly applicable to the Viper. We appreciate your understanding and thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
    The Eagle Dynamics Team
    That part about moving a couple of Hornet programmers is bound to upset a few folks. Not me though!

Uh yeah! That is some BBBBBSSSSSSS man!!!!!!

Just kidding I'm not made at all!

I have developed a twitch in my neck when I fly the hornet and something gets bugged though.
    Windows 10 Pro x64 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 8700K @ 5.0GHz (Cooled by H150i Pro), 32GB DDR4 @3200, Asus Maximus X, TM Warthog with F-18 stick, TPR Rudder, Oculus Rift S

I bet they will release it next Wednesday the 25th with the OB update, if there is one. They probably are saying that not to get peeps’ hopes up, only to surprise us. I hope that’s the case. Seems to me the only video left is startup. Wags said that will be the last one before release. Fingers crossed.
    AMD FX 8370 8 Core Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 16GB Corsair Vengence RAM @2133 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake TR2 600W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Win 7 Home 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog stick, throttle and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    I bet they will release it next Wednesday the 25th with the OB update, if there is one. They probably are saying that not to get peeps’ hopes up, only to surprise us. I hope that’s the case. Seems to me the only video left is startup. Wags said that will be the last one before release. Fingers crossed.
    Yeah the startup and air to air combat too. I'm also hoping for Wednesday, we'll see. Whatever happens it seems like we'll have more to work with when the Viper comes out compared to what we had when the Hornet was released.

I hope an A-G radar will be developed as promised
    They never worked on it much
    Only it seems strange to me that they announce its developpement will fit both Hornet and Viper (such as the common weapon systems)
    They are different
    I only hope that will not mean some arcade Viper A-G modes

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I hope an A-G radar will be developed as promised
    They never worked on it much
    Only it seems strange to me that they announce its developpement will fit both Hornet and Viper (such as the common weapon systems)
    They are different
    I only hope that will not mean some arcade Viper A-G modes
    What they ment, is that the coding for it is kinda the same. Each will have their own basic function though.
    Modules currently flying: A-10C, AV-8B, F/A-18C, F-14B and KA-50.
    System: Z390 - i7 9700k - GTX 1080ti - 32gb ram - 1tb SSD - 1tb HDD - TM Hotas Warthog - Logi pro rudders - Trackir

Debating if I should preorder it. Don’t really have time to fly right now, but I do like savings haha

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Debating if I should preorder it. Don’t really have time to fly right now, but I do like savings haha
    You have have PLENTY of time to fly!!
    AMD FX 8370 8 Core Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 16GB Corsair Vengence RAM @2133 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake TR2 600W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Win 7 Home 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog stick, throttle and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||