Close
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shik View Post
    Not trying to defend ED necessarily, but I am guessing the clips themselves are several weeks old. I think Wags said after this trailer came out, the tutorial videos were going to start soon with the DED being first. Granted, statements like that from ED are, uhhhh, flexible...
    Yep, that’s fair. If they stick to “Autumn” as the release date we don’t have that long to wait.
    Modules currently flying: F/A-18C, A-10C, and F-14B RIO.

Blog Entries
    I really liked the video but I think one of the second order effects of having the trailer delayed for so long for me is that anticipation and excitement for something cosmic peaked some weeks ago.

One thing I found "interesting" is that you don't see the F-16 on the refueling boom. Probably not complete yet.

There were also no panels on the jet or JFS doors, but Wags did say that the skin was a placeholder texture.
    AMD FX 8370 8 Core Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 16GB Corsair Vengence RAM @2133 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake TR2 600W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Win 7 Home 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog stick, throttle and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...91&postcount=2

Hey everyone, Viper update day!

As most of you have probably already discovered, this week we released the first cinematic trailer for the Viper. Cato did a fantastic job as always, and the trailer brings across the just how fun this aircraft will be. Flying the DCS: F-16C Viper is great on a 2D monitor, but it really shines in VR.

https://youtu.be/8QfANpD0GHY

In August I will start the Viper academic videos, with the first being a cockpit tour (like what I did for the Hornet). After that will come navigation and then takeoff / VFR pattern landing.

Much of the work is centered on tuning the flight model and FLCS, programing the Stores Manager System (SMS), and initial weapons. “Viper Team” is making fast progress and it is coming together at the fastest rate I have ever seen a module develop. On the art side, most of the focus is now on the landing gear (animations and texturing), and after that he will overhaul the external textures (we have a placeholder currently).

In addition to open source documents and Subject Mater Experts (SMEs), another very helpful resource is visiting Viper squadrons to talk with pilots and get seat time in the real simulators. I was earlier at Luke AFB, but it was largely a bust due to Lockheed Martin. However, this week I was down at the 192nd FW in Tucson with T-Day and I got over an hour in a Block 42 simulator. While not Block 50 and using a different OFP than our planned Viper, there was a huge amount of commonality. There were many “light bulb moments” in understanding the operation and how to properly fly the Viper. It is a very, very different bird than flying the Hornet, and it took me a bit to stop trying to fly it like a Hornet (particularly how you land it). Fun fact: When T-Day was flying our Viper in VR, he fractured the metal attachment between the stick and the base due to the amount of force he is used to applying. The force sensitive stick took awhile to get used to (much greater pounds of force per G than I expected), but it was very much like the Realsimulator FSSB base. It is also an incredibly easy aircraft to get up and running. Assuming the ground crew set up the cockpit, it’s a much, much easier aircraft to cold start than the A-10C and Hornet.

It was also an ideal time for me to be down at the 192nd FW because a buddy of mine, “Frodo”, graduated the F-16 Basic School (B-School) and I was able to attend his gradation ceremony. Frodo is also a big DCS fan and it’s great to see that some of the products I worked on over the years perhaps played a small part in his great accomplishment (he also won the AA and AG awards for his class).

Onward an upwards,
    Wags

"it really shines in VR" ... hmmmm... wonder what that means..compared to the hornet for example..

Ha! Beat you suckers to it! :P

Formation flying and tac turns explained by former pilot flying in DCS.

Time to blow up some ships!

Great! Something else new and incomplete!

In honor of Turtle and Fulcrum

That new Carrier for some reason has me super excited. I’m still waiting for the Falcon and ANY news about it’s release though.

Sent from my iPhone using 1st VFW

Blog Entries
    I was hoping for a Viper update. Still two more weeks in Aug so fingers crossed.

Wags said he would start Viper tutorials in August, I guess it’s been delayed. In the meantime Monday’s with Mower are entertaining. I enjoy those training videos and learning to do things right.

Sent from my iPhone using 1st VFW

I was wrong. Looks like they didn't have the DED working in the previous round of screenshots. Looking forward to next weekstill!

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Still fake/static DED in every cockpit screenshot. I mean, they are doing CCRP modes when the clock doesn't even work in the jet lol

Just like the development of the Hornet, ED is like "priorities? what's that?"

.....and whomever is flying in those screenshots isn’t going to get anything to come off the racks with the master arm switch set to off!
    AMD FX 8370 8 Core Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 16GB Corsair Vengence RAM @2133 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake TR2 600W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Win 7 Home 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog stick, throttle and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||