Close
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    god knows i need to read SOP!
    push 266! lol god i suck so much ...

Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post
    What a small world...
    Flew together with the gentleman (Capt. Harry M. “Mike” Roberts) telling his story at the bottom of page 63, at that time he was commanding the Ohio ANG 178th FW as a Colonel.

https://www.178wing.ang.af.mil/News/...ort-of-ld2010/

His story in a more detailed version:

https://www.178wing.ang.af.mil/News/...-member-remem/

That’s cool TB! Small world indeed.

last night AAR training

Blog Entries
    Nice.

very interesting clip indeed with implication to US military and a bit of F-16 footage hehe.
    its an amazing channel regardless

MSAA X4 and turned SAA off, was on 2. Video looks little better with new driver. No performance increase, still crappy in MSAA X4

Other than solving a different problem I had with one of my monitors, this update didn't really help with VR I don't think.

Maybe it's because I'm on an Oculus platform and we need to wait for them to fix it.
    Last edited by Nitro; 01-06-2020 at 06:40 PM.
    Windows 10 Pro x64 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 8700K @ 5.0GHz (Cooled by H150i Pro), 32GB DDR4 @3200, Asus Maximus X, TM Warthog with F-18 stick, TPR Rudder, Oculus Rift S

dammit! was excited to read the new drivers..bummer you dont see any noticeable difference

btw nitro did u go to your 3d settings and in the program settings changed VRS to adaptive and then checked to see the difference ?
    adaptive.png

ohh crap .. in that article it states "VRSS is supported by the driver--no game integration required--and can be applied to DX11 VR games or application that have forward renderers and support MSAA, and have been tested by NVIDIA. At the time of writing, over 20 games meet this criteria, including:
    Battlewake
    Boneworks
    Eternity WarriorsTM VR
    Hot Dogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades
    In Death
    Job Simulator
    Killing Floor: Incursion
    L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files
    Lone Echo Mercenary 2: Silicon Rising
    Pavlov VR
    Raw Data
    Rec Room
    Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality
    Robo Recall
    SairentoVR
    Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope
    Skeet: VR Target Shooting Space Pirate Trainer
    Special Force VR: Infinity War
    Spiderman: Far from Home
    Spiderman: Homecoming – Virtual Reality Experience
    Talos Principle VR
    The Soulkeeper VR"

so no DCS on this list but its a very confusing statement since DCS has MSAA but i dont know what forward renderer means or if DCS has that.

article :
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...-ready-driver/
    Last edited by Puki; 01-07-2020 at 07:24 AM.

No Puki, I just put my MSAA to 4x and then SAA to off and got a baseline. Then I installed the driver and left games settings alone and tried the same thing. I did not know about that setting. I will try again today.
    Last edited by Nitro; 01-07-2020 at 02:57 PM.
    Windows 10 Pro x64 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 8700K @ 5.0GHz (Cooled by H150i Pro), 32GB DDR4 @3200, Asus Maximus X, TM Warthog with F-18 stick, TPR Rudder, Oculus Rift S

So I went and looked and apparently DCS doesn't qualify because when I select it in the programs list I don't have that specific setting.

yup same here... DCS doesnt have this feature! lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post
    200+ pages of Viper SOPs coming... get excited lol. Hope the 22nd guys like reading lol. Jk, there will be a separate brief <10 page pilot aid that simplifies them to the important stuff. The long form stuff just covers everything and takes a lot from the F-16 BEM.

Recruiting reopening soon!

via GIPHY

I know I'm a little late on this one, but is there going to be a version of this with a blue cover and all the big words removed for us Hornet guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I know I'm a little late on this one, but is there going to be a version of this with a blue cover and all the big words removed for us Hornet guys?
    Yep, Nitro working on the updated F/A-18C version.

If there are any experts willing to help *cough*Wolf*cough*, Nitro I’m sure would welcome it

The extent of my Hornet knowledge is that it has two engine and lands in the water

Oh so the hornet is amphibious now?? LOL

I'm getting together what I have and what I had planned. I'll share and let you guys see what you think and what we should change or add.

Updated what I have so far --> https://www.firstfighterwing.com/for...?do=file&id=31
    Last edited by Nitro; 01-18-2020 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Oh so the hornet is amphibious now?? LOL

I'm getting together what I have and what I had planned. I'll share and let you guys see what you think and what we should change or add.

Updated what I have so far --> https://www.firstfighterwing.com/for...?do=file&id=31
    Nitro, I have some stuff I can send you to help with the CV ops side of things. Boat procedures, CASE I and III Departure and Arrival Comm plans etc just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Nitro, I have some stuff I can send you to help with the CV ops side of things. Boat procedures, CASE I and III Departure and Arrival Comm plans etc just let me know.
    Thanks Wolf! Did you look at what I have so far??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQop2OfG0mI Interesting photo-op flight ( I guess? )

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQop2OfG0mI Interesting photo-op flight ( I guess? )
    which part? Long video
    Setup: i9 9900KS 5.0Ghz | 64Gb 3600Mhz DDR4 | EVGA 2080Ti Kingpin | 8 TB SSDs | 1000W PSU | W10 Pro | Rift S | TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Pedals | TM MFDs
    DCS Settings: Everything set to High (water, textures, view distance, shadows) | Resolution: 4K | Cockpit: 512 | MSAA x4 | SSAA: Off | PD 1.6 | AF: 16X | Terrain Shadows: Flat | Trees 100% | Grass: Min | Lense Flare: Flare