Close

Thread: Thatch intro

Thatch intro

Hi everyone,

I applied a week ago to join the 1st but have just seen that applications closed around then.

Thought I had better introduce myself as I will probably stick around and wait for the next round of recruitment.

I just fly the Hornet in DCS, my previous job meant I didn't have much time for it. Now I am back on shifts I can spend more time getting up to speed on everything.

Live in the Cotswolds, UK and that's how I go my callsign. I flew with a founder member of Topgun and also a Navy SH-3 on a photo flight so Cotswolds, thatched cottages = Thatch.

Spent a lot of time writing articles for aviation magazines and did one book on the A-10 (Reid Publications) so got to see Ops in Afghanistan on a few occasions. If you ever see the Blue Angels F/A-18 picture, gear and flaps down under the KC-130T tail with the crew watching on the ramp, I am in the back of the Hornet. I have also visited most of the Navy carriers during ops so have been very very lucky over the years.

As I said, I will stick around. I have taken a lot of time looking at groups that I can dedicate time too and I also want to progress in my knowledge but have fun. This group looks like I could do that.

Regards

Neil

Welcome!

AMD FX 8370 8 Core Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 16GB Corsair Vengence RAM @2133 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake TR2 600W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog stick, throttle and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Welcome Thatch

Welcome to the First!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Thatch!

Let me get with Blouse and see if we can squeeze you in now.
    Setup: i9 9900KS 5.0Ghz | 64Gb 3600Mhz DDR4 | EVGA 2080Ti Kingpin | 8 TB SSDs | 1000W PSU | W10 Pro | Rift S | TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Pedals | TM MFDs
    DCS Settings: Everything set to High (water, textures, view distance, shadows) | Resolution: 4K | Cockpit: 512 | MSAA x4 | SSAA: Off | PD 1.6 | AF: 16X | Terrain Shadows: Flat | Trees 100% | Grass: Min | Lense Flare: Flare

Blog Entries
    Thatch! Just PM'd you. Welcome to the 1st brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Blouse View Post
    Thatch! Just PM'd you. Welcome to the 1st brother!
    Just replied, thanks very much for getting me in and the welcome. I will start reading the SOP's and getting all the files downloaded.

Thanks once again.