Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F/A-18C Updates

F/A-18C Updates

Mini update:

After our meetings today, I can update you on our current near-term planning for the upcoming Hornet features. For the 27 February update we plan (not promise):
    JDAM basic operation minus dynamic launch zone
    HARM TOO and PB modes
    Latent Track While Scan (LTWS) and Track While Scan (TWS) air-to-air radar modes

Following those, priority items will be:
    Data Link / Link-16 / MIDS. This has been a huge undertaking and will take a bit more time to get right, particularly for multiplayer data-sharing and creating a unified picture between clients. We want to get this right.
    New IFF system tied to D/L
    NCTR tied to D/L
    JDAM dynamic launch zone.
    Data Card. This won’t just be a data card but allow you to customize many aspects of your aircraft set up.
    Lightening II Targeting Pod
    JSOW

Again, I need to emphasize that this is planning and not a promise. Things can certainly change. We try to be open and provide you insight into our planning, but with the understanding that this is not set in stone.

- Wags

TWS is loooong overdue to use the Slammer as as it was meant to be...so dang sick of eating inbound missiles while riding the crappy Sparrow to impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mower View Post
    TWS is loooong overdue to use the Slammer as as it was meant to be...so dang sick of eating inbound missiles while riding the crappy Sparrow to impact.
    TWS is a cheat code!! Haha. I kid. TWS and Link16 are my most awaited features.

Datalink Intro video
    What do you guys think about talking on the secure MIDS channels for inter-flight communications and leaving Radio 1/2 for external Comms/Elements? Any plans on SOPs for this area? I, for one, will have to redo my comms/teamspeak/SRS setup...

Last edited by Strider; 02-26-2019 at 02:46 AM.

finally datalink

Well that DL is incredible
    Much more info than in Falcon

No more privacy for us wingmans! Terrible, lead will now know if we’re having a beer instead of looking out at his six!

I don't think there's much of a point to use the secure radios, it would make sense if we had someone trying to listen to our comms but that's not an issue for us.

I was just thinking it would free up the second radio for something else....

Example.

You are a ground attack or CAS mission waiting for SEAD or Screen element to do its thing in front of you. You could have AWACS on 1 and SEAD flight on 2 and your flight on MIDS A

I dont know how applicable it would be for the type of mossions that we do in dcs but its just a thought

Now it will be easier to see where your section is when you get separated from them for rejoin!
    AMD FX 8370 8 Core Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 16GB Vengence RAM || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake TR2 600W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Win 7 Home 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog stick, throttle and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Wags on fire....Harm TOO mode

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    I was just thinking it would free up the second radio for something else....

Example.

You are a ground attack or CAS mission waiting for SEAD or Screen element to do its thing in front of you. You could have AWACS on 1 and SEAD flight on 2 and your flight on MIDS A

I dont know how applicable it would be for the type of mossions that we do in dcs but its just a thought
    Ah i see what you mean. Having more radios might be useful in that type of situation, we just need to figure out how to make it all work.

Posted on ED's Facebook:

Hey everyone,

A little update of what to expect coming up:

After the datalink, SA page, and TOO mode for HARM this week, we then plan Latent Track While Scan (LTWS), JDAM, Aircraft/Mission Card, and some bugs fixes for the 13 March Open Beta. This is an estimate and not a promise.

As has been mentioned before, the engineer assigned to the HARM is also assigned to the targeting pod. So, once HARM is done (PB and pullback modes), he will work on the TGP. Also, in the very near future, we plan to revisit the Hornet flight model, the JDAM flight model (INS-GPS autopilot), and other weapon Launch Acceptable Region (LAR) profiles.

- Wags

AGM-88C HARM in Target of Opportunity (TOO) Mode

This week in the Open Beta we will release the next mode of the HARM, namely TOO mode. This video is to introduce the use of the HARM in this mode. A few notes:

1- Later, we will add the TOO TD box to the HUD.
    2- In addition to the line above the emitter that indicates the radar is locking you, an F indicates it is a friendly emitter and a “U” shape indicates a naval emitter.
    3- When enabled, LIMIT only shows the 5 highest priority emitters. Otherwise, up to 15 emitters can be displayed.
    4- Like SP mode, there is no range indication.
    5- Once TOO mode is done, we will implement Pre-Briefed and Pull-Back modes.
    6- Once HARM is done, then we will focus on the targeting pod.
    7- Yes, I’m still sick and hopped up on cold medicine.

Basic checklist to use:
    1- Master Arm ARM
    2- AG mode
    3- Select HARM from TAC page or SMS page
    4- Select TOO mode
    5- Fly to place emmiter inside format and cycle targets by pressing RAID/FLIR FoV button
    6- Set TDC to HARM display using Senseor Select Switch
    7- Hand off target to HARM by pressing Cage/Uncage button
    8- Launch with weapon release button

List of HARM TOO classes:

ALL. All classes of radars
    FRD. Friendly radars
    HOS. Hostile radars
    FN. Friendly naval radars
    HN. Hostile naval radars
    F1. Old friendly radars
    F2. New friendly radars
    H1. Old hostile radars
    H2. New hostile radars
    FAA. Friendly AAA
    HAA. Hostile AAA
    FS. Friendly search radars
    HS. Hostile search radars
    UKN. Unknown radars
    PRI. Radars locked to player aircraft
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Strider; 02-27-2019 at 04:21 AM.

Another post on ED's Facebook:

Dear pilots,

With the DCS: MiG-19P Farmer by RAZBAM Simulations to be released this Friday, 1 March 2019, we will be shifting our Open Beta release to Friday this week instead of the usual Wednesday. A benefit of this is that we’ll now have time to also release an eagerly awaited new Eagle Dynamics feature! Let the speculation run wild!

Sincerely,
    The Eagle Dynamics Team

Dynamic Campaign maybe???
    AMD FX 8370 8 Core Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 16GB Vengence RAM || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake TR2 600W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Win 7 Home 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog stick, throttle and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Please, lets not start this here.
    Salt 1-1, Sunrise
    Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Oops, sorry....

Most speculation on the forums points toward dedicated servers but who knows....

I’m bummed the release is delayed two days. I’d like to play with the updates.

Sent from my iPad using 1st VFW

Whatever it is I doubt it's going to be anything major or groundbreaking.