Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F/A-18C Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Blouse View Post
    I’m bummed the release is delayed two days. I’d like to play with the updates.
    The sheer panic and rage in the F-14 community about being pushed out of the way by the MiG-19 is wildly entertaining though haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    The sheer panic and rage in the F-14 community about being pushed out of the way by the MiG-19 is wildly entertaining though haha!
    Yeah reddit and the ED forum people are ridiculous. Heatblur has been saying plan on March 21st since the beginning, and ED has to test a module before they commit to release dates. No conspiracy there. People need to chill lol

Plus what they forget is that Heatblur are going to release a nearly finished module right from the start and that of course takes a lot more time than usual early access stuff.

On the F18 side, it's looking pretty good:

Hey everyone,

A little update of what to expect coming up:

After the datalink, SA page, and TOO mode for HARM this week, we then plan Latent Track While Scan (LTWS), JDAM, Aircraft/Mission Card, and some bugs fixes for the 13 March Open Beta. This is an estimate and not a promise.

As has been mentioned before, the engineer assigned to the HARM is also assigned to the targeting pod. So, once HARM is done (PB and pullback modes), he will work on the TGP. Also, in the very near future, we plan to revisit the Hornet flight model, the JDAM flight model (INS-GPS autopilot), and other weapon Launch Acceptable Region (LAR) profiles.

- Wags
    Last edited by Nooch; 02-28-2019 at 09:43 AM.

They posted some pictures on their Facebook just now that might make that bomb texture mod kinda redundant:

Nice!
    AMD FX 8370 8 Core Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 16GB Vengence RAM || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake TR2 600W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Win 7 Home 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog stick, throttle and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

thx for the update guys.

so i guess that makes AG Radar the last piece of the puzzle

Some news on the Hornet...

“Hey everyone,

A little update on the Hornet… as mentioned before, much of the Hornet team’s time is focused on the targeting pod, JSOW, MSI for LTWS, tuning of JDAM and JSOW flight profile and autopilots, and a deep dive on the INS and GPS navigation systems. We are also working on the HARM guidance system in cases where the seeker loses track (it is currently re-targeting to a different emitter, whereas it should continue along the bearing to the assigned target). All these tasks are rather involved and not low-hanging fruit that can be coded quickly. Earlier, we focused on tasks with faster turnarounds, but these current tasks are taking longer. Development of the Hornet has certainly NOT slowed down, rather, it’s simply shifted to tasks with longer development periods.

We expect to have the JSOW, BRU-55A/A, and MSI for LTWS available later this month, and the targeting pod will start internal testing later this month, with a planned release in June.

- Wags”

I'm call bullshit on this one, they've used exactly the same argument before with other items. And work on the Hornet hasn't slowed down? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisgas View Post
    I'm call bullshit on this one, they've used exactly the same argument before with other items. And work on the Hornet hasn't slowed down? Please.
    C'mon ICE take the shot! Mav's getting impatient!